OCUFA announces winners of the 2017-2018 Teaching and Academic Librarianship Awards
TORONTO – The Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations (OCUFA) is pleased to announce the winners of its prestigious Teaching and Academic Librarianship Awards. Since 1973, these awards have recognized the exceptional contributions made by professors and librarians to the quality of higher education in Ontario.
“Professors and academic librarians are at the heart of our universities. Through their hard work, they challenge and encourage their students to embrace new ideas and build a brighter future,” said OCUFA President Gyllian Phillips. “This year’s distinguished winners are all dedicated and passionate teachers and mentors. OCUFA is honoured to recognize them with teaching and librarianship awards.”
The 2017-2018 Teaching Award recipients are:
- Michelle Craig, Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Toronto
- Robert Fleisig, Associate Professor in the School of Engineering Practice and Technology at McMaster University
- David Hutchison, Professor in the Department of Educational Studies and Director of the Centre for Digital Humanities at Brock University
- Fiona Rawle, Associate Professor in the Department of Biology at the University of Toronto Mississauga
- Frankie Stewart, Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at Ryerson University
The 45th annual awards ceremony, hosted by CBC’s Nana aba Duncan, will take place at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto on October 20, 2018.
Founded in 1964, OCUFA represents 17,000 professors and academic librarians in 29 faculty associations across Ontario. It is committed to enhancing the quality of higher education in Ontario and recognizing the outstanding contributions of its members towards creating a world-class university system. For more information, please visit the OCUFA website at www.ocufa.on.ca.
For more information, contact:
Ben Lewis, Communications Lead at 416-306-6033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Mark Rosenfeld, Executive Director at 416-306-6030 or email@example.com