TORONTO – David Andrews, Professor of Kinesiology at the University of Windsor, has been named one of Ontario’s most outstanding university teachers by the Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations (OCUFA). Dr. Andrews will receive a 2015-2016 OCUFA Teaching Award at an October 29, 2016 ceremony in Toronto, hosted by CBC personality Bob McDonald.
“One of Prof. Andrews’ nominators describes him as an “unquenchable force for learning at Windsor” and beyond,” said Prof. Judy Bornais, Chair of OCUFA’s Award Committee. “We definitely agree, and are very pleased to honour him with an OCUFA Teaching Award.”
The five other recipients of a 2015-2016 OCUFA Teaching Award are:
- Raywat Deonandan, Assistant Professor in Interdisciplinary School of Health Science, University of Ottawa
- Diane Horton, Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto
- Marjorie Johnson, Assistant Professor in the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University
- Dana Lee, Associate Professor in the RTA School of Media, Ryerson University
- Jonathan Rose, Professor in the Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Toronto
“Teaching is at the heart of great universities and a great university education. Great teachers fire the imaginations of students and pave the way for success after graduation.” said OCUFA President Judy Bates. “We are thrilled to be able to recognize this year’s outstanding educators with an OCUFA Teaching Award.”
Founded in 1964, OCUFA represents 17,000 professors and academic librarians in 28 faculty associations across Ontario. It is committed to enhancing the quality of higher education in Ontario and recognizing the outstanding contributions of its members towards creating a world-class university system. For more information, please visit the OCUFA website at http://www.ocufa.on.ca.
Graeme Stewart, Director of Communications, 416-979-2117 x232, email@example.com
Mark Rosenfeld, Executive Director, 416-979-2117 x229, firstname.lastname@example.org