On Wednesday, February 28, 2013, OCUFA will be presenting a town hall discussion on austerity and higher education at Laurentian University. We invite all Sudbury-area students, staff, and faculty to join us for an evening of discussion and analysis.
- Brian MacLean: Professor, Laurentian University, Department of Economics
- John Closs: President, Sudbury District Labour Council
- Menal Mehari: Secretary, Laurentian Graduate Students’ Association (GSA-AEES)
- Anis Farah: President, Laurentian University Faculty Association (LUFAPPUL)
- Tom Fenske: President, Laurentian University Staff Union (LUSU)
The event will be held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the J.N. Desmarais Library at Laurentian University, in the Brenda Wallace Room . More information is also available on the event’s Facebook page.
At 12:30 p.m. the same day, OCUFA will be releasing new polling data on how Subdury residents views austerity and higher education. All members of the Sudbury community are invited to attend. It will be held in the LUFA Faculty Lounge, Room-L-303, Parker Building, Laurentian University.