We’re looking for someone to join our public affairs team in the role of Government and Community Relations Officer.
Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the successful candidate will help to promote OCUFA’s advocacy initiatives through:
- Developing and maintaining contacts in the Ontario government and relevant government agencies, with the opposition parties and organizations in the postsecondary education sector
- Critically analyzing policy positions, programs and proposed legislation put forward by the provincial government and other organizations
- Researching and writing preliminary drafts of OCUFA policy proposals and submissions
- Assisting in the development and organization of advocacy campaigns, workshops and conferences
- Contributing to OCUFA publications and other communications outreach
- Preparing speaking notes, correspondence, briefing notes and minutes for OCUFA’s President and Executive Director
- Supporting the work of OCUFA’s committees.
The position requires excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to do research using a variety of resources and to synthesize information in a succinct and accessible manner, and computer literacy.
The incumbent is expected to have at minimum an undergraduate degree. Experience within the provincial government, public sector agencies, professional associations or advocacy groups is necessary. Knowledge of the Ontario higher education sector and competency in French would be an asset.
This is a regular, full-time position at the Policy Officer 1 level. The salary range for this position is $62,500 to $68,000, plus a benefits plan fully paid for by OCUFA and a generous pension plan.
OCUFA is committed to the principle of employment equity, is a unionized and equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Please submit your application with resume and the names of three references by August 6, 2014 to:
You can download a PDF of this posting here.