On Saturday, October 27, 2012, OCUFA presented the 2011-12 Teaching and Academic Librarianship Awards at a ceremony in Toronto. Since 1973, OCUFA has recognized the outstanding contributions made by professors and academic librarians to the quality of higher education in Ontario.
This year’s winners exemplify the spirit of innovation, dedication, and collaboration that characterizes university faculty in Ontario. The winners are:
- Judy Bornais, Professor in the Faculty of Nursing, University of Windsor
- Andrew P. Dicks, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, St. George Campus
- Steve Joordens, Professor in the Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, Scarborough Campus
- Stephen MacNeil, Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Eileen Wood, Professor of Developmental Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University
Academic Librarianship Awards
- Jim Brett, User Service Librarian, University of Guelph
- Don Kinder, Librarian, Information and Learning Commons Team, Ryerson University
OCUFA was pleased to celebrate the accomplishments of these outstanding professors and librarians alongside several special guests, including the Minister of Training, Colleges, and Universities, Glen Murray, representatives from the Council of Ontario Universities, the Canadian Federation of Students, the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance, and the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario.