Today in Toronto, students, faculty, journalists and policymakers will gather at the “Challenging precarious academic work” conference, organized by OCUFA. This two-day event features international speakers and provides a forum for sharing experiences and developing solutions to the alarming rise of part-time, insecure work at universities.
- Karen Foster, Canada Research Chair in Sustainable Rural futures for Atlantic Canada, Dalhousie University
- Guy Standing, University of London, author of The Precariat – The New Dangerous Class (2011) and A Precariat Charter: From Denizens to Citizens (2014)
- Robyn May, University of Melbourne, researcher on the Gender and Employment Equity: Strategies for advancement in Australian universities project
- Maria Maisto, New Faculty Majority, USA
- Jonathan White, Policy Officer, Universities and Colleges Union, UK
- Glen Jones, Professor of Higher Education at OISE/University of Toronto
For individuals unable to attend, we’ll be audio recording each session and making them available on the OCUFA website. You can also follow along with the #precariousPSE hashtag.