February 27 - 28, 2014
The Future U conference will provide an opportunity to contemplate the universities that we would like to see in the future and chart a path to achieving that vision.
The key themes include:
- Current trends and the possibility of alternatives in the future of higher education.
- Re-imagining research, teaching, community service, and governance.
- The real uses of technology to improve teaching, learning, and research.
- The shifting relationship between higher education and the state.
- Promising developments in higher education across the globe.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sarah Amsler, Centre for Educational Research and Development, University of Lincoln
- Leesa Wheelahan, OISE
- Kate Lawson, President, OCUFA
- Claire Polster, University of Regina
- Maria Maisto, President, New Faculty Majority
- George Fallis, York University, Author of “Multiversities, Ideas, and Democracy”
- Kevin Kee, Canada Research Chair in Digital Humanities, Brock University
- Aaron Bady, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas
- Glen Jones, Ontario Research Chair in Postsecondary Education Policy and Measurement, OISE
- Nick Falvo, PhD Candidate, Carleton University
- Roger Geiger, Penn State University
- Rylan Kinnon, Executive Director, Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance
- Kevin Godbout, President Society of Graduate Students, Western University
- Janice Folk Dawson, President, CUPE 1334
Download the latest agenda (current as of Feb. 19, 2014). More speakers are being added regularly, so check back soon!
The 1 1/2 day conference will be held at the Intercontinental Hotel Toronto Yorkville . The conference rates are set as follows:
Early bird (until December 20, 2013): $350
Regular registration (non OCUFA member after December 20, 2013): $400
Regular registration (OCUFA member after December 20, 2013): $375
Student rate: $150
Register Now to take advantage of the early bird rate!