OCUFA launched its election website last week with the goal of educating and empowering Ontario voters and highlighting the importance of higher education in the election campaign, while also providing resources to help professors and academic librarians get involved in the election, better understand the issues and platforms, educate others, and vote wisely at the ballot box.
Take Action section:
- Allows voters to quickly send a message to party leaders and local candidates asking them to prioritize higher education in this election and to invest in the quality, accessibility and affordability of our universities.
- An election toolkit to help you get involved locally: organize meetings with local candidates, plan an all-candidates meeting, etc.
- Videos to watch and share that provide expert analysis of issues affecting higher education and labour rights in the election, and advice on what to be watching for and questions to ask candidates.
- In-depth analysis of the party platforms.
- A copy of the higher education questionnaire that OCUFA has distributed to the party leaders.
- A feed of OCUFA’s election-related blog posts.
Additional materials, including party leader responses to the OCUFA questionnaire, will be posted on the website as they become available.