Administrative/Accounting Level A
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 19, 2021
The Assistant to the Executive Director is responsible for a range of administrative and clerical functions in the office of the Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations (OCUFA). The Assistant to the Executive Director is part of a dynamic team of staff who work collaboratively to deliver the services required to meet OCUFA’s mandate.
Founded in 1964, OCUFA represents 17,000 professors and academic librarians in 30 faculty associations across Ontario. It is committed to enhancing the quality of higher education in Ontario and recognizing the outstanding contributions of its members towards creating a world-class university system. For more information, please visit the OCUFA website at www.ocufa.on.ca.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide executive level administrative support to the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director and coordinate the work in the Executive Director’s and Associate Executive Director’s office, including scheduling, travel and oversight of correspondence;
- Coordinate the production and distribution of material for OCUFA Board and Executive Committee meetings;
- Record minutes of OCUFA Board and Executive Committee meetings held on weekdays, with the possibility for voluntary overtime opportunities;
- Maintain and update OCUFA policy archives database;
- Handle sensitive and confidential material in a discrete and professional manner; and
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as the needs of the Executive Director’s office and Associate Executive Director’s office evolve.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and secretarial skills;
- High level of discretion handling confidential matters and files;
- Proficiency in basic graphic design;
- Advanced skill using Word, Outlook, Excel and file management software;
- Demonstrated ability to work with tight deadlines, frequently changing priorities, and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team, with minimal supervision, while exhibiting strong initiative and judgment;
- A diploma, university degree, or relevant education and experience;
- Understanding of labour relations in a unionized workplace;
- Understanding of and commitment to OCUFA policies, practices and objectives; and
- Demonstrated experience related to the duties and skills above, including a minimum of 5 years as an executive assistant or equivalent to senior officials.
This is a regular, full-time position at the Administrative Level A, as defined in the terms and conditions of employment governed by the collective agreement between OCUFA and CUPE Local 1281. The salary range for this position is $60,337.95 – $86,940.27, plus a benefits plan fully paid for by OCUFA and a generous pension plan. All OCUFA staff act under the direction and authority of the Executive Director. This position is based at the OCUFA Office in downtown Toronto, Ontario, subject to public health guidelines.
OCUFA is committed to the principle of employment equity, is a unionized and equal opportunity employer, and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Please submit your application with resume and the names of three references to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 19, 2021.