On Wednesday March 27, 2013, OCUFA will be presenting a town hall discussion on austerity and higher education at the University of Toronto. We invite all Ryerson, York, U of T, and OCADU students, staff, and faculty to join us for an evening of discussion and analysis. As with previous OCUFA town halls, the emphasis will be on understanding the impact of austerity on Ontario’s universities and coordinating our responses to the government’s austerity agenda.
- JOHN SHIELDS – Professor, Department of Politics & Public Administration, Ryerson University
- SARAH JAYNE KING – Chairperson, Canadian Federation of Students-Ontario (CFS)
- FAIZ AHMED – Chair, Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Local 3903, York University
- CAROLYN HIBBS – President, York University Graduate Students’ Association (YUGSA)
- PAUL TSANG – President, United Steelworkers (USW) Local 1998, University of Toronto
- CHARLES REEVE – Associate Professor and President, Ontario College of Art and Design Faculty Association (OCADFA)
- Moderator LUC TREMBLAY- Associate Professor and VP of University & External Affairs, University of Toronto Faculty Association (UTFA)
The event will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the OISE Auditorium (252 Bloor St. West). More information is also available on the event’s Facebook page.
We will also be webcasting the town hall. Click here for more details.