We are pleased to announce that registration is open for our upcoming conference, set to coincide with OCUFA’s 50th anniversary. The “Faculty Associations in the 21st Century” conference will examine the evolution of OCUFA and university faculty associations over the past 50 years, consider what they have accomplished, and then explore how faculty associations can remain vital and strong into an uncertain future.
Key themes include:
- OCUFA at 50: Exploring our past, celebrating our present and planning our future
- How faculty associations can respond to the challenges of changes in labour relations and the academic labour market
- Expanding the scope of engagement with other associations and unions, local communities and the broader public
- Creating inclusive organizations: lessons from the past, opportunities for the future
- Promising developments in faculty activism in Canada and beyond
Join us for a day of insightful presentations and engaging discussion with speakers and participants from universities and research institutes in Canada and the United States.
Like previous OCUFA conferences, a diversity of views will be sought in each of the keynote and panel sessions.
The conference will take place on October 24, 2014 at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto. For more information, and to register, please visit the conference page.