We’re pleased to announce several exciting new names for the 2012 OCUFA Ensuring Student Success conference. These thinkers, leaders, and innovators will critically explore the idea of student success by unpacking the meaning of the term, examining the various ideas advanced to improve the student experience, and highlighting the structural realities that may help or hinder this goal. Confirmed speakers include:
- Tony Chambers, OISE
- Alec Couros, University of Regina
- Ken Coates, Professor of History, University of Waterloo and author of ‘Campus Confidential’
- Arshad Ahmad, President of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE)
- Maxim Jean-Louis, Ontario Online Institute & Contact North
- Tricia Seifert, OISE
- Jon Pryce, President of Access U at Wilfrid Laurier
- Mark Jones, Queen’s University
- Elaine Fairey, Director, Student Learning Commons, Simon Fraser University
- Susan M. Hill, Director of the First Nations Studies program, University of Western Ontario
The final group of speakers will be announced soon. For more information or to register, please visit the conference page. Hotel bookings must be made before Dec. 19, 2011.
The conference will take place on January 20-21, 2012 at the Sutton Place Hotel in Toronto.