OCUFA is pleased to announce an exciting roster of speakers for its upcoming Confronting precarious academic work conference, to be held from February 11-12, 2016. Experts from across Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia will meet to discuss the rise of precarious academic work and effective strategies for promoting good academic jobs.
- Karen Foster, Canada Research Chair in Sustainable Rural futures for Atlantic Canada, Dalhousie University
- Guy Standing, University of London, author of The Precariat – The New Dangerous Class (2011) and A Precariat Charter: From Denizens to Citizens (2014)
- Robyn May, University of Melbourne, researcher on the Gender and Employment Equity: Strategies for advancement in Australian universities project
- Maria Maisto, New Faculty Majority, USA
- Jonathan White, Policy Officer, Universities and Colleges Union, UK
- Plus, many more!
At the conference, OCUFA will also be releasing new public opinion data on precarious academic work in Ontario’s universities in a special morning session.
Spaces are going fast for the conference, so potential participants are encouraged to secure their places soon. Click here for more information and to register.