The Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations (OCUFA) is pleased to announce the winners of its prestigious Teaching and Academic Librarianship Awards. Since 1973, these awards have recognized the exceptional contributions made by professors and librarians to the quality of higher education in Ontario.
“Professors and academic librarians are at the heart of our universities. They prepare students for the challenges of tomorrow, while discovering the ideas and knowledge that enrich all of our lives,” said OCUFA President Judy Bates. “OCUFA is honoured to recognize the dedication, skill, and passion of this year’s distinguished winners.”
The 2014-2015 Teaching Award recipients are:
- Greg Evans, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Toronto
- Vincent Hui, Department of Architectural Science, Ryerson University
- Pippa Lock, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, McMaster University
- Timothy S. O’Connell, Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, Brock University
- Trent Tucker, College of Business and Economics, University of Guelph
The 2014-15 recipient of the Academic Librarianship Award is Dr. Harriet Sonne de Torrens, from the University of Toronto Mississauga.
The 42nd annual awards ceremony will take place at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto on October 24, 2015.